Monday, December 2, 2013

When in Doubt, Flank It With Pumpkins: (Belated) Fall Decor Part 2

Better late than never, right? I wanted to put all these pictures up before Halloween, but family vacations, work and ADD happened, as is their wont. So, without further ado, enjoy a tour of my fall/Halloween decor: 


The front door on Halloween. I got the door hanger from Hobby Lobby.


I kept the mantel pretty simple. The only additions to the existing set-up were a couple foam glitter gourds from Walmart with some moss.


A cute little stuffed turkey from Hobby Lobby graces the fireplace seat.



A ceramic pumpkin from Hobby Lobby on the right side table.


A Hobby Lobby ceramic pumpkin and a Walmart foam pumpkin on the left side table.


This year's Jack-o-lantern.


All I did with the coffee table was add a cool copper pumpkin and a Waxberry oil candle.


The entry "shrine" with moss and a couple Hobby Lobby pumpkins. That pedestal makes anything look classy; I need more of them.


I draped a stained glass Hobby Lobby leaf garland over the mirror, because I can't leave well enough alone.


The kitchen, having no counter space, was pretty simple. Just a ceramic owl jar and leaf placemat from Hobby Lobby on the range (plus a beaded spider hanging in the doorway and a purple glitter pumpkin on another counter, of which I failed to get a picture).


We have a cool little look-through between our kitchen and our living room, so I stuck another pumpkin on a platter and flanked it with moss and candles.

As you can see, the overarching theme for the season was, "When in doubt, flank it with pumpkins." Buying said pumpkins turned out to be a bit of an apartment-dwelling rookie mistake on my part, as they take up a hell of a lot of storage space en masse.


Where has all the closet space gone? Pumpkins ate it, every one. When will I ever learn? When will I ever learn?


Fortunately for me and my bank account, fall decor is pretty hard to come by when you're not into orange and black. I'm lucky if I can find one or two green and purple things that aren't campy. If I had to do it over again, I'd buy items that are either hollow or flat.

As you may have guessed from the picture above, I tore everything down today and have begun the process of decorating for Christmas. Hopefully that will be done within the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment